Monday, January 17, 2011

She Said, "Don't Hold Your Breath"

Inhale.
Exhale.
Renew.

I am a student of my own body, and my guru is the ability within me to be open and receptive to the lessons of my world. My textbook is written not on pages, but on the lashes of my eyes, so that when they fall, I may make a wish for the next lesson to be inscribed before my eyes. And even though it seems that sometimes the tests come before the lesson, hindsight is 20-20, and the lessons can be found in the past. And in every breath I take, I bring in newness, freshness, and opportunity, and I exhale the old, stale energy that no longer serves me. Each breath is a chance to start again, an erasure of everything but now, and the ability to choose a new direction.

Inhale.
Exhale.
Revive.

No comments:

Post a Comment